2018-2020, ADM EDCo, GDZ EDCo, TREDAŞ EDCo
Following objectives had been covered during the Project scope:
- Analysis of economic costs caused by power outages on industry, commercial, residential and other subscribers and suppliers in distribution regions.
- Calculation of outage cost which takes into consideration of subcategories of customers and suppliers, outage categories and characteristics (notification status, frequency, duration, weekday/weekend, season, timer interval, etc.) for network planning, prioritization of investment and maintenance activities and supporting the operational decision mechanisms.
- Calculation of outage cost for assessing the effect of pilot implementation of R&D projects, smart network investments, new tariff and business models on the country economy in the context of cost-benefit
- Analyzing the relation between outage cost and social welfare level.
- Determining the optimum outage frequency and duration by assessing the followings as a whole for the efficient use of country resources: OPEX and CAPEX of DSOs, financial losses of end users due to outages and financial effects of outages on suppliers.
- The optimum interruption duration and number between the continuity of supply and investments done in order to reduce these interruptions were found.
- The effect of Regulatory Authority considering VoLL when determining the performance-based incentives (regarding the continuity of supply) to the distribution companies was studied. The examples where VoLL is used to determine the amount of consumers’ damages due to power outages were studied also.
- The usual network renewal investments done in order to keep the continuity of supply at existing level were assessed.
- The usage of VoLL as the market price cap in wholesale markets was investigated.
- VoLL together with Loss of Load Probability was examined in order to establish volume and price relationship structure in capacity mechanism.
- The usage of VoLL providing an efficient prioritization between loads in the context of national economy was studied when system operators issuing down-regulation instructions in the case of imbalance between supply and
- The usage of VoLL when determining the reserve amount that is supplied in order to down system to be up and running again was investigated.