2013-2014, Kanu EDCo, Enugu EDCo, Jos EDCo
The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) currently experiences high levels of Aggregate Technical, Commercial and Collection (ATC&C) losses in the distribution system, estimated at 21% in the Second Multi Year Tariff Order (MYTO II) and 35%-40% in the Request for Proposal (RFP) issued by the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) as part of the privatization process. It has become critical to establish the accurate level of losses in the Distribution Company (Disco). The service of an independent consultant is thus required to assist in developing ATC&C Baseline Losses. In carrying out this task the consultant will work closely with the Disco and the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC). NERC have indicated that it will appoint a specific consultant to monitor this work on its behalf
Description of actual Services Provided by our Staff:
- Table of meter data obtained from all 33kV and 11kV boundary points feeders feeding the Disco for the relevant period.
- Table of data on energy delivered, billed and collected as per Disco and MO records with appropriate reconciliations
- Table of Losses segregated into technical losses, commercial losses and collection losses for the Disco in the last 12 months and the period November 2013 to January 2014 (as data becomes available).
- Analysis and report on the quantified link between technical losses and delivered load.
- Make a presentation to NERC and other relevant stakeholders on the outcome of the assignment